Compare the optimism and sense of opportunity in the 1940s Baby Ruth to the hopelessness of the modern one.
Gluten free snacks. Gluten free pants. Gluten free furniture. Gluten free shampoo. Gluten free light bulbs. Gluten free Montessori school.
A family vacation centered around a large group gluten exorcism.
What is the opposite of a commencement address? An airport.
Spending time in airports gives you a very pessimistic view of what we as a people are actually capable of achieving.
While they appear very similar, the Margaritaville and Cabo Wabo lifestyle philosophies seem to resonate with very distinct audiences.
Why parents need to talk to their kids about building a powerful personal brand and dynamic Linkedin profile
Filed under “Alcohol, how to get kids interested in”
The types of prices.
- Prices that end with cents - $4.99 - these are honest prices
- Prices that only have dollars - $10, $15 - these are starting to get pretty stupid
- Prices that inexplicably end with a period ($65.) - these are the worst
- Prices that are not a price, just a number (16) - I kind wonder if you could argue that you should be able to pay with whatever currency you want.
We had a number of distinct “lakes” as kids - one was surrounded by woods that had a tarp-covered cardboard box that usually had empty beer cans and torn up pornography in it, and another that (looking back) wasn’t the best place to try to fish, given all the cow shit that was feeding into it from the hills above.
All of them now have fences around them and signs calling them “Stormwater Detention Facility.”
There was a Mexican/Tex-Mex restaurant near my old office that had food that had not very good food but their chips came with some fantastic tomatillo salsa. This is how to fix jarred salsa to make it like that salsa.
1. Buy a couple of jars of this.
2. Open them up and pour them all into a pitcher or bowl with a spout. Reserve the jars.
3. Put a stick blender to the thing and let it run for a couple of minutes until it is completely smooth. Add salt to taste, and blend again.
4. Pour it back into the jars.
I prefer to buy the tortilla strips rather than the triangles, because most triangles will not fit into this jar (also: they should start designing chips and jars to be more compatible, so you don’t have to pour it into a bowl if you made the mistake of buying triangles).
Anonymous asked: Hello! What is that amazing carved rock sculpture thing?! Can you tell me more, please.Your blog is awesome.
I think you are talking about the Miodrag Zivkovic-designed monument to the Battle of Sutjeska.
Being able to punish people by making all of the TVs in their house be those shitty LodgeNet systems you find in hotels.