Anonymous asked: Hello! What is that amazing carved rock sculpture thing?! Can you tell me more, please.Your blog is awesome.
I think you are talking about the Miodrag Zivkovic-designed monument to the Battle of Sutjeska.
Being able to punish people by making all of the TVs in their house be those shitty LodgeNet systems you find in hotels.
I want to see an episode of House Hunters that spirals completely out of control. Like on the program guide, it says that it will be a regular 30 minute episode (“A couple looks for a house that is slightly larger than their current house”) but at about the 25 minute mark, when they are deciding on which of the 3 houses, things get really heated and it turns into a huge argument, with them leaving separately.
Then, the wife goes missing and the episode goes on for antoher 90 minutes as a mystery movie. Who did it? Was it the husband? The realtor? A rival bidder for the house she wanted? An owner of a house that secretly didn’t want to sell? The boom operator? A production assistant that was having an affair with her husband that didn’t want the show to end?
A recent favorite Wikipedia category is Amusement Park Incidents - like Incidents at independent amusement parks
The only TED Talk I’d be remotely interested in is one by Jose Canseco.
Baseball cards for food.
I imagine on the back of the cards there’s an effusive description from the menu, whether or not it is a regular or seasonal/occasional menu item (the McRib) and some nutrition facts along with different camera angles.
With all those meaty looking kids waddling around, there’s probably a market for it, but I figure for it to be interesting enough you’d have to turn it into some kind of competitive card game like Yugioh or some shit like that.
The New York Times’ Year in Ideas:
- Bathrooms with windows that are too large
- The reason IT guys smell like mayonnaise
- The deaths on Downton Abbey are not random tragedies - Lord Grantham is a serial killer
- The declining birth rate in the developed world is mostly caused by skinny jeans
- A conservative politician was inspired by seeing the Wall on Game of Thrones, and wants to fund a Night’s Watch-like oath-of-celibacy border guard
- People argue about pizza
- Dangerously contrarian opinion about how a nuclear arms race is actually a good thing
- A guy that has built an actual, working dream-catcher
- Legal status of the Sasquatch
- A dubious research paper about why my mom buys so many fucking candles
- Someone who insists that a paste made out of kohlrabi is the perfect food
- Do dogs get depressed when they watch CBS multi-camera sit-coms?
- What is being done to save salt-water taffy from Fukushima radiation?
- Are some people taking sports too seriously?
- Glue sniffing is good for you because it increases production of creativinase, the enzyme that causes creativity. Same with smelling gasoline.
- Why are so many people with beards and tattoos selling $15 sandwiches out of vans?
- A science-sounding reason why the best thing of 2013 was something you already like
- Technology billionaire’s robot aims for state legislature seat
- Brewing coffee needs to be really complicated and expensive
- Is breathing a choice?
- MTV has more sophisticated programming than AMC or HBO
- We’ve already put people on Mars, they just aren’t there yet
- Abraham Lincoln invented currywurst
We offer bold investment strategies to help you take charge of your retirement security.